|The Toshiba DEMO D-VR40 Multi-Zone DVD/VCR Recorder Combo will bring your home theater experience to a whole new level with superb progressive-scan imagery and exquisite digital sound. Built-in DivX and Dolby Digital encoders offer breath-taking surround sound and sonic realism to your DVD movie soundtracks. The D-VR40 offers the flexibility of viewing either your VHS or multi-format DVDs, ability to record DVD to VHS or vice-versa, view JPEG photos, or even listen to your favorite CDs or MP3 files.|
Moreover, with the Toshiba D-VR40 you can watch a DVD while simultaneously recording a TV broadcast onto tape. To ensure you don't miss your favorite shows when traveling, the D-VR40 can be programmed to record up to 8 TV shows over a 4-week period. If you want a unified, stylish, and easy-to-use multi-system DVD/VHS recorder combo, look no further than the Toshiba D-VR40.
• The D-VR40 is a progressive scan DVD player, capable of scanning an entire video frame at once; scan-lines commonly associated with interlaced video are drastically reduced. The result is a spectacularly clear image with no motion artifacts (stair-stepping), and details so sharp they seem as if they're etched onto the screen.
DviX Home Theater Certified
• Video compression software which enables high quality video to be compressed into very small files then downloaded onto CD-R or CD-RW and played back with very little loss of quality.
• Don't worry about limited playback capabilities, the D-VR40 can play DVD, DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W, VCD, SVCD, CD, CD-R/W, MP3 and JPEG images.
Transfer DVD To Tape or Tape To DVD
• Copy a VHS videotape to a DVD disk or transfer a DVD disk to a VHS tape, it's that simple. (Does not convert format PAL to NTSC or NTSC to PAL)
Record Up To 8 Programs With Timer
• Set your TV recording schedule in advance by programming up to 8 programs in a 30 day period with the record timer.
One Touch Timer Recording
• Every time the you press the record button during a recording in progress, the recording time will increase by 30 minutes up to 8 hours.
Dolby Digital and DTS Sound
• The D-VR40 offers built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoders capable of advanced 24-bit processing and an outstanding sampling frequency of 96kHz.
Home Theater Friendly
• Use the coaxial digital audio output to connect the D-VR40 to your home theater receiver and enjoy full Dolby Digital or DTS surround sound entertainment.
• Immediately play back a part of a recording in progress.
• The D-VR40 features parental control, for parents who want full control of media content played back through player.
• System PAL
• DVD Format Compatibility
• DVD Recording Media DVD-R/W
• DVD Playback Media DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W, DivX
• CD-R/CD-RW Playback Yes, JPEG, MP3
• Dolby Digital/DTS Yes
• MP3 Playback Yes
• Picture CD/JPEG Yes
• Region 1 - 6
• Progressive Scan Output Yes
• Slow Motion Playback Not Specified By Manufacturer
• Frame-by-Frame Playback Not Specified By Manufacturer
• Bookmarking Not Specified By Manufacturer
• Playback Zoom Yes
• Built-in Decoder Yes
• Audio D/A Converter Yes
• Virtual Surround Yes
• Format VHS
• Number of Heads 4
• Playback Speeds XP, SP, LP, EP, SLP, SEP
• Record Speeds XP, SP, LP, EP, SLP, SEP
• Repeat Playback Yes
• Slow Motion Not Specified By Manufacturer
• Frame Advance Not Specified By Manufacturer
• Audio Signal Hi-Fi Stereo
• Commercial Advance Yes
• Program Timer Weeks/Events 8 programs within 30 Days
• TV Tuner: Yes PAL system only (No NTSC Tuner - Does not work in USA)
• PAL or NTSC DVD playback of any region (Region-Free). See important note in RED below.
• PAL B/G, I, D/K TV Tuner
• Plays PAL/NTSC Disc on a PAL TV, or any Region PAL/NTSC Disc on a Multisystem TV
• Records in ALL-REGION FORMAT on DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW From PAL to PAL and NTSC TO PAL with optional Video Format Converter
• Worldwide Dual Voltage 110/220 Volt 50/60 Hz
• DVDs recorded in "ALL-REGION FORMAT" with this DVD recorder can be played back on virtually any DVD player in the world
• Inputs S-Video: x1
• Component Video: x1 (RCA)
• Analog Audio: x1 (RCA)
• Antenna: x1
Outputs S-Video: x1
• Component Video: x1 (RCA)
• Analog Audio: x1 (RCA)
• Composite Video: x1 (RCA)
• Coaxial Digital Audio: x1 (RCA)
• Remote Control Yes
• Power Requirements 220-240VAC, 50Hz
• Dimensions (WxHxD) 17.1 x 3.91 x 10.5 in (435 x 99.5 x 268 mm)
• Weight 9.47 lbs (4.3 kg)
• Color Silver
Note:TV Tuner Receiving System: PAL. This unit Records TV/cable programmes where broadcasting is in PAL system. (No NTSC Tuner. Will not record NTSC TV/cable programmes in USA)
Important Note: This DVD recorder does not have a built in video signal converter! This means that you will be able to play PAL or NTSC discs on a PAL/SECAM TV. If you have a multi-system TV that supports PAL and NTSC then you will be able to play both PAL and NTSC discs on your TV. Alternatively, in order to play a PAL DVD on a NTSC TV, or NTSC DVD on a PAL TV, or to record DVD from PAL source to NTSC or vice versa, you will need an external video converter
• Remote Control
• Instruction Book
• Stereo AV Cables - RCA Type (Red, Yellow, White)
• Coaxial Cable (RF Cable For Antenna)
• Power Cord with Euro/Asian Schuko Plug
• Warranty: 1 Year Parts, 90 Days Labor